Like you, we’re closely monitoring the spread and effects of COVID-19. We’re responding and reacting quickly, and while there are too many protocols in place to list, we wanted to highlight a few key initiatives we’re taking.
First and foremost, our biggest asset has always been our people. With that in mind, we have extended paid sick time to all employees: Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Sick employees will not only be told to stay home— they will be paid to do so.
Over the coming days, you’ll notice some changes in our restaurants designed to reduce high-touch point areas.
- We’re removing many of the self-serve condiments from the tables. Items like ketchup and mustard will be dispensed in the kitchen and served in ramekins.
- QR codes will be available to view our menus on your smartphone should you prefer electronic viewing in place of being handed a menu. Our physical menus are changing to single-use. They may not be fancy or align with our sustainability goals, but today, we’re putting public health above all else.
- Our dining rooms may look a little different. We’ve removed a table or two and when possible, we’re seating tables more spread out.
- We’re adding new roles to our team where possible, including doorpersons during peak periods to open doors for guests, porters to our restrooms to keep them clean and well-stocked, and additional staff to continuously wipe down railings, handles, and surfaces throughout the restaurant.
- Following guidance from government officials, we’ve postponed all ticketed events at The Hamilton Live & The Soundry until March 27, and postponed Clyde’s at Mark Center’s upcoming Oyster Roast.
Should you want to bring food to someone that is isolated, or you just feel more comfortable eating at home, we’re ready to help. All Clyde’s, Old Ebbitt Grill, The Hamilton & The Tombs have online ordering available for pick-up, and now these DC locations offer delivery as well. Just visit our websites.
We wanted to be sure you knew how important your safety is to us. We’ve been through a lot together, our family, and yours. We’ll be here when you need us.